Tilting panels into place on top of a solid foundation is an efficient way to create large, flat walls for buildings of all sizes. But it's not as easy as it seems! There are many factors to consider when designing and constructing the hardware and accessories that make a tilt-up building possible.
What Are Tilt-Up Engineering Services?
Tilt-up engineering services are those services that provide support to the construction industry in the design, analysis, and construction of tilt-up buildings. Tilt-up engineering is a specialized field that requires a deep understanding of building code requirements, as well as an understanding of how to properly brace and anchor lifting points.
Tilt-up engineering firms typically include the following general services:
- Design of lifting points and bracing
- Analysis of loads and wind forces
- Calculation of Uplift capacity
- Selection of appropriate anchors
Tilt-Up engineering is a specialized field that requires a deep understanding of both structural engineering and construction methods. Tilt-Up engineers must be able to think creatively to solve problems and develop innovative solutions. They must also be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff.
White Cap's Tilt-Up Engineering Services
White Cap offers a variety of tilt-up engineering services to simplify the lifting process and ensure that panels are lifted correctly without stressing the panel and causing fractures or failure. Our services include:
- Panel Lift Inserts: Engineering will determine the type, quantity, and location of panel lift inserts needed for your project.
- Bracing Inserts: Engineering will determine the size, location, and spacing of additional reinforcing, strongbacks, or steel needed for lifting, as well as the location, quantity, and type of bracing inserts needed (if any).
- Block Outs: Engineering will identify the locations of doorways and windows that need to be blocked out for the lifting process.
- Floor Anchors: Engineering will determine the locations of the floor anchors needed for brace attachment.
- Ground Anchors: Engineering will determine the locations of the ground anchors (badgers, etc.) needed for brace attachment.
- Braces: Engineering will identify the braces needed for each panel by size and type to ensure maximum usage.
- Rigging Diagram: Engineering will provide a rigging diagram to ensure the panel is lifted without stressing the panel, which could cause fractures or failure to lift correctly.
- Bill of Materials: Engineering will provide a complete bill of materials for each project.
- Sandwich Panel Ties: For insulated panels, we will determine the placement of sandwich panel ties along with the insulation requirements.
When Should You Employ Dedicated Tilt-Up Engineering Services?
When it comes to your tilt-up engineering project, you want to make sure that you are getting the most out of your investment. One way to do this is to employ dedicated tilt-up engineering services. But when is the right time to do so? Here are a few things to consider:
When You Need Specialized ExpertiseIf you have a complex project that requires specialized expertise, then it may be worth it to invest in dedicated tilt-up engineering services. This way, you can be confident that you have someone on your team who knows exactly what they're doing and can provide the level of support that you need.
If you're working on a tight schedule, then you may not have the luxury of time to trial and error your way through the design process. In this case, it may be worth it to invest in dedicated tilt-up engineering services so that you can get the job done right the first time.
When You're On a Tight Schedule
If you're having trouble getting your project permitted, then dedicated tilt-up engineering services can help. They can work with you to make sure that your project meets all of the necessary requirements and can help expedite the permitting process.
When You Need Help With Permitting
When You Want to Save MoneyWhile employing dedicated tilt-up engineering services will add to your overall costs, it may end up saving you money in the long run. This is because they can help you avoid costly mistakes and can ensure that your project is completed on time and within budget.
When You Need Assistance With ConstructionIf you're not experienced in tilt-up construction, then you may want to consider employing dedicated tilt-up engineering services. Engineering can provide valuable assistance with the construction process, helping to ensure that your project is built correctly.
If you're unsure about something in your design, it may be helpful to get a second opinion from someone who is an expert in tilt-up engineering. Dedicated services can provide this type of feedback, helping to ensure that your project is on the right track.
When You Need a Second Opinion
Employing tilt-up engineering services can be the difference between a construction project that is completed on time and within budget, and one that falls behind schedule and racks up unnecessary costs.
If you're considering a tilt-up construction project, make sure to get in touch with White Cap – we have the experience and expertise to ensure your project goes smoothly from start to finish.