Proof of Delivery (POD) Service
HD Supply C&I White Cap is dedicated to ensuring customers can easily reconcile bills and minimize their need to make repeated requests for POD copies.
White Cap’s POD service automatically emails POD’s for every White Cap Truck, Will Call, Walk-In or 3rd Party Shipment (e.g. UPS) to a designated contact, list of contacts, or group email address(es) – on a daily or weekly basis.
Customer signatures will be present on POD’s for Will Call, Walk In and White Cap shipments. Carrier Names and Tracking Numbers will be provided for 3rd party shipments.
When the POD Service email arrives, PODs will be attached inside a WinZip Folder
- The body of the email will contain corresponding order details to match the POD files:
- Invoice Numbers
- Order Numbers
- Deliver ID’s
- POD File Names
- PO Numbers
- Shipment Dates
- Project Name & Numbers
- To be activated on this service, contact your Outside Sales Rep, Inside Sales Rep or Credit Manager - and provide the following information:
- Account Name & Number
- Email Address(es)
- Whether the emails should be scheduled to send Daily, or Weekly
- Whether the service needs to be setup for the entire account, or only certain projects (note: POD email contacts can vary by project)
- Lastly, to ensure a seamless transmission of POD emails, be sure of the following:
- Your company has WinZip
- Your company can allow emails from email@example.com
To request "one-time" POD copies, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org