LEADING EDGE SRLs
Leading Edge work is defined as that in which there is the potential for the lifeline of an SRL to come into contact with the edge of a roof, floor, beam, or other sharp object. Because of the additional stresses imparted to lifelines by these conditions (such as abrasion or shearing), workers must use a Leading Edge SRL in these situations to prevent lifeline damage and potential breakage in the event of a fall.
BENEFITS OF LEADING EDGE SRLs
- Abrasion-resistant steel lifeline
- Overhead or foot-level tie-off
- Preferred for harsh work environments
- Wider range of approved applications
- 130-310 lb. capacity (LE use)
- Up to 420 lb. capacity (non-LE use)
Visual indicator lets you know if your Self-Retracting Lifeline is Leading Edge (LE) compliant.
An overhead anchor point is always preferred, however, foot-level anchor points are approved with Leading Edge SRLs.